HDFC NetBanking- A Complete Guide
Internet banking, or NetBanking, is one of the best introductions of this digital era. Every financial transaction is carried out using netbanking effortlessly these days. Also, many types of Indian banks have online banking options. Out of which, the HDFC NetBanking app has a lot of importance nationwide and is known for its quality services.
The netbanking facility provided by the HDFC bank is fast and easy to access. The bank ensures that the customers get all the perks of cashless transactions without seeking a new app. With netbanking, you can access various details of your bank account online. With just a simple login and avail of all internet banking services.
Everything About HDFC NetBanking
We know that various questions come to mind when one thinks about internet banking, but don’t worry. We have tried to make every aspect of this process easier for you in an exclusive manner. Keep reading to explore it in detail.
The registration process for an HDFC savings account is easy, and you can complete it within a few minutes. With simple steps, you can avail the facility of internet banking. Moreover, you can register your account via online mode, ATM, on the phone, or download the form and complete the registration. The only requirement for HDFC’s NetBanking registration is an active mobile number.
Let us now explore the steps to take you towards easy and convenient net banking. We will explore different types of registrations, one after the other.
- Firstly, you need to visit the HDFC NetBanking page.
- At the bottom or end of the page, you will find “Register” click on it.
- Further on the next page, enter your Customer ID and click on ‘Go’.
- After that, you must confirm the mobile number registered to your bank account.
- Next, you will receive an OTP that you can enter further.
- Afterwards, you must select and fill out the relevant Debit Card details.
- Once you complete these procedures, on the next page, you will be able to set the IPIN.
- Finally, you can access net banking through the Customer ID and the new IPIN.
Phone Banking Registration
- To register your account via phone banking, try to call your city’s HDFC Phone Banking number. You can easily find the number online.
- Further, the app will ask for your Customer ID, HDFC Debit Card, and the PIN or Telephone Identification Number (TIN).
- After you provide the required details, the HDFC Phone Banking representative will record your netbanking registration request and start the process.
- Finally, you will receive the PIN on your registered mailing address via courier within five working days.
ATM Registration – Steps
- You can visit any HDFC Bank ATM and input your HDFC Bank Debit Card number and your ATM PIN.
- Further, from the main screen, tap on ‘Other Option.’
- After that, tap on ‘NetBanking Registration’ and confirm the action when prompted.
- And voila! Your netbanking request is registered. Moreover, your IPIN will be couriered to your registered mailing address.
Registration of HDFC Internet Banking via Form
- First, you must visit the HDFC Netbanking website and download the registration form. You can choose between the corporate or individual form, whichever is applicable.
- Further, fill in the form details precisely and submit it to any HDFC Bank branch.
- Similarly, your request will be registered. And you will receive your IPIN via courier to your registered mailing address.
Checking the Account Balance Through HDFC Netbanking
Checking the HDFC Account Balance is very easy, and you can do it just by following the steps mentioned below in detail.
- Firstly, log in to the HDFC Bank’s net banking portal.
- Then, click on the ‘Accounts’.
- Further, on the next page, click ‘Account Summary’.
- When you complete these steps, different accounts will display on the screen
- Now, select the relevant account, and finally, you will be able to access the account’s details and bank balance.
Steps to Reset HDFC’s Netbanking Forgot Password
Suppose you forgot your netbanking password and are now wondering how to recover it. Do not worry. Just follow the steps enumerated below and get going with a new password.
- Firstly, visit HDFC Bank’s net banking website and click on ‘Forgot IPIN or password’.
- Next, enter your User ID or Customer ID and click on ‘Go’.
- Further, you need to select from one of the two options:
- OTP sent on the registered mobile number or the Debit Card details, which is the PIN as well as the expiry date
- OTP sent on your registered phone number and email ID (not applicable for resident senior citizen customers)
- When the above step is complete, enter the details that pop up on the screen.
- Further, you need to set the new IPIN.
- And finally, you will be able to log in with the User ID and new IPIN.
Paying the Credit Card Bill on the HDFC Online Banking Portal
As mentioned earlier, HDFC netbanking is simple and easy. Similarly, paying the credit card bill on the netbanking portal is simple and quick. However, you must first register for it to avail of these services.
- Initially, you must log in to your HDFC Bank netbanking portal.
- Further, link your credit card to the netbanking account by using the credit card ATM PIN.
- You can find the option to transfer money to the credit card under the ‘Funds Transfer’ section and the ‘Credit Card’ section.
- Finally, with the HDFC Credit Card Login, you can avail of all the netbanking facilities.
Transferring Funds on HDFC Online Banking Portal
HDFC Bank customers can transfer money to their own accounts. Also, making third-party transfers on the net banking portal is easily accessible. The third-party transfers are over when the HDFC Bank customer completes the login procedure. Afterwards, you can select the internet banking portal and click on ‘Funds Transfer’. And on the next page, you can choose the appropriate option to complete the transfer.
Visa CardPay: You can transfer funds from your account to any Visa Credit Card across India. Although, the credit card account can be added as a beneficiary card. Finally, within two working days, the transactions are completed.
You can use the online merchant payment option for transferring the funds. However, this option does not generate the tax payments, mutual fund payments, and payments towards stockbrokers.
Immediate Payment Service-IMPS: Your money or funds can easily be transferred immediately via IMPS. Moreover, you can also transfer your funds to other HDFC accounts and accounts from other banks. In addition, you will also have the option of sharing money via IMPS on bank holidays.
Real-Time Gross Settlement-RTGS: This facility ensures that the funds are paid to the beneficiary’s bank within RBI’s stipulated time. Besides this, the account where the funds are being added must also be added as a beneficiary. At the same time, the limit for transferring money can vary from Rs.2 lakh to Rs.10 lakh, respectively.
National Electronic Funds Transfer-NEFT: You can transfer funds to other banks as well by using this facility. In fact, the transferable amount ranges from Rs.1 lakh to Rs.10 lakh. Also, the account to which you transfer the amount must be a beneficiary.
Moreover, you can transfer the funds from your HDFC account to another HDFC account by using different customer IDs. By using this facility, you can avail immediate transfers.
15 Intriguing Features of HDFC Net Banking
There are myriad benefits and intriguing features that HDFC netbanking brings for you. The crux is that you can easily manage your HDFC savings account and carry out transactions. We have listed the 15 best features of netbanking by HDFC. Check them all and see why you should opt for the same.
- You can check your account balance and download your account statement for the past five years in multiple formats with a button.
- Further, you can open a Fixed or Recurring Deposit Account with the bank.
- Transfer of funds hassle-free and securely via online funds transfer modes like NEFT and RTGS is highly convenient.
- Moreover, you can register for Third-Party transfers or even transfer funds between HDFC accounts and non-HDFC bank accounts.
- You have the option to make quick and easy payments of utility bills, like electricity bills, water bills, landline bills, and more.
- Check your Credit Card details and pay the credit card bill without hassle.
- Make recharges on your DTH connection or your prepaid mobile bills.
- Investing in various mutual fund schemes by using netbanking is another perk.
- Booking travel tickets has never been more accessible. Now, you can also book air or train tickets (via IRCTC or third-party travel booking websites) with the help of net banking.
- Make payments easily to online merchants for purchasing Gift Cards for your loved ones.
- Make various tax-related transactions online, like viewing your Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) and tax payments.
- You can also update the PAN Card details via net banking.
- Carry out banking-related transactions like demand draft/requesting a new cheque book, hotlist your debit/credit card or even make stop payment instructions of a cheque.
- Net banking also allows you to view your loan-related details conveniently and you can apply for an IPO.
- You can also request to re-generate your Debit Card PIN with the help of net banking by following some easy steps.
All the perks of netbanking with HDFC are precisely explained above. Various aspects of netbanking make it prominent and influential in an individual’s life. Moreover, it is apparent that HDFC Bank is one of the leading private banks in India, and you won’t be surprised either when it comes to the HDFC NetBanking app.
You can experience all the perks of cashless transactions just by registering your account online. Now you have all the essential information and additional knowledge, explore and enjoy.